We are SO thrilled to be nominated for the Liebster Award. This award is used to highlight smaller, less known blogs that have less than 200 followers. We are looking to spread our Tilly joy with lots of people, so we can't wait to pay it forward and nominated some of our favorite, small blogs.
After you have been nominated for this award you should:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.
Tell 11 facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions the nominated blogger (Tasteful Tillys) has created.
List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve some recognition.
Post 11 questions for your newly nominated bloggers to answer.
Notify the 11 bloggers that they have been nominated. (You can't nominate someone who nominated you.)
The Vintage Honeybee is an adorable little blog that posts things we love: thrift, vintage, and food. Thank you so much, Rachel! We are grateful for the blog love.
11 Facts About Tasteful Tillys
1. Jeanette is left handed. It is astonishing how many people don't know this.
2. Jessi has two belly buttons. It's true. She'll show you if you ask.
3. Our high school mascot was a Beetdigger. His name is Digger Dan.
4. Jeanette was Jessi's bully in middle school. Jessi is really good at forgiving.
5. We both are blind as bats. Glasses and contacts rule our worlds.
6. Jeanette almost let her husband name her son Noah Jedi Knight. (know-a-jedi-knight)
7. Jessi has taken a bath with pickles. She loves them that much.
8. Jessi gave kissing lessons to a boy in high school in exchange for drum lessons. (She never got the drum lessons.)
9. Jeanette is really good at playing Crash Bandicoot.
10. We have been best friends for 12 years.
11. We really, REALLY love Ingrid Michaelson. Like really
Questions from The Vintage Honeybee:
1. Do you like to thrift? What is your favorite thing to buy?
Uh, yeah. It's wicked cool.
Jessi is slightly a hoarder and gets trinkets for her shadow box.
Jeanette likes to find vintage dresses and skirts.
2. What made you start your blog?
We are inspired by Jessi's grandmother, Thelma aka Tilly, to create posts about things we love. We create a monthly theme, and write up posts within that theme that emphasize the importance of being frugal and family orientated. You can learn more about our blog at our About page.
3. When do you find the time in your busy day to blog?
It's all about the naps. When the kids are asleep, we be bloggin'. (Or cleaning, hopefully.)
4. What is your favorite food?
Jessi: Classic spaghetti. Great with my aunt's breadsticks.
Jeanette: Steak and Potatoes. Au gratin. **Mouth watering now.
5. What kind of books do you like to read?
Jessi: The Hunger Games. The suspense is what keeps her coming back.
Jeanette: Harry Potter. I almost cried when I got to go to Hogwarts in Florida.
6. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Jessi: Faking sick to stay home with my little brother and play video games! (yes, my mom fell for it every time)
Jeanette: Building a mini version of Kennecott Mine in the backyard with my little brother and making it into a mud bath at the end of summer.
7. Where do you like to vacation?
Jessi: Hawaii. She got to take her bridal pictures near Honolulu and has wanted to go back ever since.
Jeanette: Her dad lives in Daytona Beach, FL, so she loves to go visit him and play on the boat and Disappearing Island.
8. If you garden, what do you like to grow?
Jessi: She lives on an Air Force base so hasn't really gotten a chance to garden.
Jeanette: She has a black thumb instead of a green one. Death is usually what comes of things she plants in a garden.
9. What is your favorite dish to cook?
Jessi: Red sauce spaghetti squash.
Jeanette: Meatloaf. Don't be grossed out. Mine is actually really yummy.
10. How did you meet your significant other? (In our own words)
Jessi: I met Brad when I was 17. We spent the day at an amusement park the first time we hung out. He was very shy. I was not. We balance each other :)
Jeanette: We met when we were 17 years old at Jordan High School. I asked him to come with me to see the Lights at Temple Square during Christmas time. He forgot his coat and gloves and used the line, "My hands are cold" in order to hold my hand. The rest is history.
11. Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?
Jessi: I see myself happily married with 3 kids. I see my family living on the west side of the United States. I see us living and loving life!
Jeanette: I hope to have finished a BS degree in Nursing and becoming a Maternal/Newborn Nurse, working part time. Craig will be completely done with school and have a good job doing PR someplace in the US. We will have 3 or so kids, be living and loving life!
We would like to nominate:
We will be contacting you via email or blog comment to let you know we pass the puck to you!
Questions for newly nominated bloggers:
1. What animal do you look like?
2. What is your favorite kind of cheese?
3. How much are you willing to spend on a pair of shoes?
4. Who is your favorite Avenger and why?
5. What is your favorite dessert?
6. What 3 things would you need if you were stranded on an island?
7. What song best describes your life right now?
8. What two celebrities would you pick to be your parents?
9. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
10. What kitchen utensil would you be? Why?
11. What motivates you to have a blog?
We are excited to see your answers!