I've heard that you can make old eyeshadows into nail polish.
Sure enough there was a pin on pinterest for it. The pin that I have, comes from Nevertoomuchglitter.
I think we all might have a few old ugly eyeshadows lurking in our bathrooms. Why not upcycle them??
Thankfully fresh from my huge no heat hair straightening sugar FAIL, I was out to have a SUCCESS! Ladies and Gents...IT WORKED. Yeah, I have a couple tips to use while making it. I had to learn through trial and error. You really need to keep an eye on the consistency of the mix though.
All you need, is a few things.
It's fairly simple.
1. Dig out the ugly shadow you are going to use.
2. Place it on the container of choice.
3. Drop a generous amount of clear polish on it....
4. VERY IMPORTANT- get an old polish brush from a color you don't care for and mix it with that.
5. The consistency should be like the middle of the mixture you see in 5.
The consistency is obviously a big deal. Here is the difference between a good vs bad consistency
Did I use the word consistency enough?? haha
The picture on the LEFT is clearly the crappy mix.
The picture on the RIGHT is the RIGHT mix.
Big big difference. Like I said, be generous with the clear polish.
Top it all off with a clear coat and you will be good to go!