I LOVE Mondays.
There. I said it.
On Mondays I enjoy one of my biggest GUILTY PLEASURES....
THE BACHELOR. I can't get enough of it. I fully admit it's trashy TV ha ha. I think it's pure entertainment. What makes it even better is that I indulge with a few friends, too. This is "MY" time to relax. I don't care what my husband tells you-he watches it, too. OH and he likes it. HA HA
Picture via Google
Not only do I LOVE the Bachelor...I LOVE the Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad too.
Like I told you, it's complete trash TV, and I can't get enough.
So since this month is all about YOU, why not add a little more fun?? We all LOVE facials, right?? BUT we all hate the price that goes with it! They are pretty pricey. They are amazing, yes, but pricey. I don't know about you, but I surely do not have money for that. So, I started Googling facial massage movements. Plenty of options showed up. Why not have a bunch of friends over and give each other facials?? I found some GREAT pictures to follow as far as movements go!
Time to be a little selfish ladies!! Here is the first picture to follow. You can do it yourself or have a friend/significant other do it. Make sure that your hands are clean and washed. Use a mild lotion that is gentle on the face. I have baby lotion on me all the time, and that is obviously gentle.
Facial Lifting & Toning Massage
Picture via evascrivosalon
1. Start by pressing simultaneously with both middle fingers at pressure points (1),
just below the iris, at the very top of the cheek bones. Massage in small circles
for 10 - 20 seconds.
2. Move on to pressure points (2) just below the cheek bones, 1/2 inch to the
right and left of each nostril. Hold extra long here if you like, as you should feel
relief of sinus pressure. This area may also be sensitive if you have congestion.
3. Move down to pressure point (3), 1/2 inch from the corners of the mouth.
Spend another 10 - 20 seconds here.
4. Slide your fingers straight back to the corners of the jaw (4) and repeat teh
5. Move up to just below the rear of the cheek bone and right at the hairline (5).
This also relieves jaw stiffness related TMJ.
6. Finish your facial massage at pressure points (6), right at the hairline.
This seems to be a good starter massage. I found all of the info on evascrivolsalon.com
Picture via evascrivosalon
1. Using upward strokes and moving toward the jaw-line with the pads of
your fingers (both hands simultaneously), start by massaging at your neck with
sweeping motions for 20 - 30 seconds.
2. Move to the chin and repeat the seeping motions away from its center.
3. Continue moving in an upward motion past each side of the mouth. This will
help stimulate and brighten the laugh lines and corners of the mouth.
4. Massage the cheek bones, starting 1/2 inch from each side of the nose and
moving out and up toward the hairline.
5. For the nose and under-eye area, start with both middle fingers on each side
of the nose, just above the nostrils. In one motion, move up the face to the top of
the cheek boned, then continue under the eyes in a semi-circle, toward the
temples. Repeat this movement 10 - 20 times to relieve puffiness and reduce
6. Take a few moments to press on the temples to help relieve stress and headaches.
7. From between the eyebrows, slide your fingers up the center of the forehead,
to the hairline, alternating left and right hands.
8. Finish by moving from just above the eyebrows to where the hair naturally
recedes above the temples.
I'm happy I was able to find such great instructions. You can Google EVERYTHING!
Why not have a few friends over and give each other facials while watching The Bachelor? Or have a night in with your significant other! Everyone needs some pampering, even the MEN! Make a yummy dinner or order out. Just remember to RELAX and have fun. Don't worry about doing it wrong, I'm pretty sure it will feel nice regardless!
Gotta go...gotta get ready for my night in!!